If you choose a Monier roofing solution, we will be with you every step of the way. From selecting the material right through to the installation. So you can enter the process educated and prepared, we have outlined the step by step installation method.
1. Install safety rail
Safety is a priority. Before commencing any work Monier guardrail is installed around the perimeter of the roof.
2. Remove old tiles (if there are any to remove)
All the old roof tiles and ridge are removed.
3. Inspect roof
The roof timbers are inspected to make sure the battens are sound.
4. Install sarking*
Sarking provides insulation and reflects up to 95% of radiant heat entering the roof.
5. Install new battens**
If required, new battens are installed ready for the new roof tiles to be laid.
6. Load up new tiles
The new roof tiles are sent up to the roof using a conveyer system.
7. Start laying new tiles
Tiles are laid sequentially up the roof from the gutter line and fixing clips, or nails, are used to secure the roof tiles to the roof.
Pointing is a flexible material that covers the mortar and comes in a colour that matches the roof tile. It acts as a mechanical fastener, keeping the ridge in place. It is also used to finish the tiles at the gable or edge of the roof.
Guard-rail is removed and the site is tidied and any left-over roof tiles removed.
What determines the cost of my roof?
There are a few factors that will determine the cost of having a roof installed.
- What roofing material is being used
- The size of the roof
- The pitch of the roof (it’s steepness)
- Any special requirements
Together these five things will determine the size of the quote and the time it takes to get the job done.
What you really want to know
- Time: Construction usually takes around 1-2 days to get a concrete or terracotta tile roof installed, and 1 day for a composite tile roof. (This all depends on how big your roof is and a number of other factors.)
- Our roofers provide a comprehensive roofing service. For specialist services, please view the Find a Roofing Specialist.
- How: Call us on 1800 666 437. We’ll help you sort out the details.